Want to stay in-the-know on the latest Bill and the Belles happenings? Subscribe to Bill and the Belles' Old Time Breakdown and you’ll get the latest news delivered straight to your inbox! Click HERE to sign up.
Happy New Year from Bill and the Belles! Cheers to starting afresh and working harder. This has been a big, challenging year, and we wanted to take a moment to celebrate our accomplishments and your unending support. Here are some highlights from 2016:
- We recorded to wax cylinder, and released those recordings digitally with our songbook, “Swallow Tail Coat.”
- Got our first Rolling Stone write-up.
- We shared the stage with many heroes, including Larry Sparks, Dom Flemons, Carlene Carter, and John McEuen.
- We played 333ft below ground.
- We tested our daily driving limits with a weekend jaunt to Wyoming.
- We partnered with Music City Roots to release the album, “Bill and the Belles Live on Music City Roots.”
- We played our first show with an accompanying orchestra, and released a video to commemorate the experience (Check it out here: "When You Wore A Tulip").
- We celebrated the winter holidays in spectacular fashion, hosting the 2nd annual Johnson City Jingle Bell Jamboree and releasing a new holiday music video.
- We booked the trifecta of roots music conferences: AmericanaFest, International Bluegrass Music Association’s World of Bluegrass, and Folk Alliance.
We’re walking into 2017 humbled and excited, and fueled by your support. Some things we’re looking forward to include opening for Del McCoury at the Barter Theater on January 13th, splitting a weekend at Folk Alliance and the Joe Val Festival, and recording a new album! As always, keep an eye on our website for more information.
Today you’ll find us reflecting on the year and eating too much of our favorite barbecue at BoneFire Smokehouse in Abingdon. Hope to see you soon!
Kris, Kalia, Grace, and Karl