- We’re releasing a new single and video this Wednesday, “That’ll Be Just Fine.” Keep an eye on our Facebook page (facebook.com/billandthebelles) for the accompanying video, and make sure you’re following us on Spotify, Apple Music, etc. We’ve been in the studio recording a number of singles, and we look forward to releasing them in upcoming months!
- As of this weekend, we played further west than ever before! What a treat to nestle in Seattle, WA for a weekend with the good folks at Wintergrass Music Festival!
- Of all our sets, our favorite was probably Saturday night’s dance set. Nothing beats the energy feedback you get from people moving to your music, and we took the opportunity to unveil a lot of new material. That morning we also had a great conversation about our approach to “stringband” music, and how genre words are funny and sometimes limiting (early country, old time, stringband, roots, Americana, folk, popular, rural, urban...). It was great to have a roomful of people take a dive into our nutty heads to see how we make our musical decisions. Thanks for your courage!
- It was fun to see so many buds, including Jonathan Byrd and the Pickup Cowboys, Fireside Collective, and we even managed to squeeze in a photo shoot with the one-and-only Nico Humby (check his work out at nicohumby.com). Next time we vow to make time for seeking seafood!
WE’LL BE BACK IN THE PNW
- We’re thrilled to announce we’ll be back in the Pacific Northwest this June for an amazing week teaching at Voice Works at Centrum in Port Townsend, WA, joining fellow artists including Peter Rowan, Eva Salina, and Jefferson Hamer. Learn more about their wonderful programming here: https://centrum.org/programs/voice-works/
KEEP IN TOUCH
- “Like” us on Facebook (facebook.com/BillandtheBelles), keep an eye on our website calendar (billandthebelles.com/tour), and think about subscribing to our occasional newsletters (billandthebelles.com/contact)!
Hope to see you soon! Keep supporting live music.
-Bill and the Belles